Over 25 years
The Just Ask The Boss software has been sold for over 25 years. You can have confidence knowing you will be using one of the most established automotive repair shop software's available.
E-MAIL OR CALL TO ORDER YOUR 19.3 UPDATE TODAY
SALES: 1-800-473-5198 OR 972-234-0385
SALES: SUBMIT A QUESTION
Version 19.3, 19.2, 19.0, 18.7 are compatible with Windows 10, Windows 10 Creators Update, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server
Version 18.5, 18.2 and 18.0 are compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server
Version 17.5, 17.4 and 17.2 are compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server
Version 17.0 is compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP and Window Server
Version 16.0 is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP and Window Server
Version 15.5 is compatible with Windows Vista and XP and Window Server
We made the Point of Sale section easier to use and touch screen friendly. We added arrow buttons to the top of the screens and made the browse lines larger so you can touch them with your finger.
We made the Estimate/Work Orders screen easier to use. You can quickly edit the Mileage, Manager, Employee, Time In, Time Out and Notes fields without opening a popup window. (You can type directly on the screen.) We also changed the apperance so you can quickly identify which fields need input.
We added the Unit number field to the Auto browse window to help identify fleet vehicles.
We've made it easier to email a customer's invoice. We added a popup email window that will automatically popup when invoicing a customer. Now you can email the customer a copy of the invoice instead of printing the invoice or do both. We added a switch to the customer record so you can choose which customers will have this option and also added a global switch so all customers will have this option.
We added the Estimate/Work Orders line items to the Estimate/Work Orders window so you can quickly see everything without reopening the Estimate/Work Order update window. We also added the Unit field to the window.
Now you can quickly call your vendor. We added the phone and fax numbers to the Vendor browse list and added a new button to the Point of Sale screen that will allow you to quickly lookup Vendor's contact Information.
In order to more easily match Purchase Orders to Work Orders/Estimates we added the following:
1. We added the Estimate number to the Invoice History browse and made it searchable so you can easily lookup an old estimate.
2. We also added the Cost to the line items for reference.
The Email and PDF buttons were added to the Customer History and Auto History browse windows.
Estimate Number column and Cost column were added to the Customer History and Auto History browse windows.
We added the Estimate Number to the Appointment Schedule report.
In order to more easily track Purchase Orders we added the Estimate/Work Order and Invoice Numbers to the following:
1. Purchase Order report.
2. Purchase Order by vendor report.
3. Browse Purchase Order window.
4. Update Purchase Order window.
You can also update the Estimate/Work Order and Invoice Numbers after the Invoice has been completed, if needed.
We added the Bin, Location, FET, On Order and Default Quantity fields to the Report Wizard sort order.
We added the Invoice line items to the Customer Mailout window so you can quickly view the invoice detail. This will make it easier to search for specific items on the invoice.
1. You need to find all invoices that you sold a specific part number on for a recall.
2. You need to find all invoices you did an oil change on for a specific date range.
3. You need to find all invoices an employee worked on for a specific date range.
4. Etc, etc..
We added 10 new indexes to the Invoice History database to improve the performance on commonly used queries.
We added the customer's email address to the Customer Mailout Query. This will allow you to export the email addresses for use in other programs such as Excel or mass emailing programs.
We added the Auto fields to the Customer Query wizard for all report types. (This is for the query only and not for inclusion on custom reports.)
You can now enroll customers in myCARFAX with the myCARFAX Customer Signup Button *.Your customers will start receiving service reminders to bring them back to your shop. *NOTE: The myCARFAX Customer Signup Button requires the Just Ask The Boss Partner Support plan. The first year of the Partner Support plan is included with the 18.7 update.
1. Easily enroll customer by clicking the myCARFAX Customer Signup Button. The customer is then enrolled in myCARFAX with the e-mail address and vin number on file in the Just Ask The Boss program.
2. Your shop is selected as the preferred shop in the myCARFAX app.
3. Customers receive e-mails and alerts when service is due, directing them to your shop.
4. Customers can install the myCARFAX app on their phone to find out information about their vehicle and when they need service.
5. The time and cost of sending out service reminders can significantly be reduced since much of the work will automatically be done by CARFAX.
6. Increase customer loyalty and more service visits results in higher revenue.
7. Using the CARFAX QuickVIN and Service History Check tools allows you to: complete estimates and work orders more quickly, order the right parts, easily identify unperformed service, and increase ticket averages.
8. Your service events on CARFAX Vehicle History Reports become free ads for your shop.
9. The CARFAX service alerts and shop locator drive new customers to you.
1. Simple, convenient service reminders help keep cars well maintained
2. Quick notification of open safety recalls.
3. Centralized digital record of services performed.
4. The "garage" inside the MyCarfax app allows the customer to track important information about their vehicles and the customer can easily contact you because your shop name, address, phone and directions are listed.
5. The customer can also see when the following services are due: Oil change, tire rotation, registration, safety inspection and emission inspection.
6. The customer can also see a History-Based Value of their vehicle and also see if there are any open recalls reported.
7. The customer can also see all their vehicles Maintenance Schedule to help bring them back to your shop.
You can now type in the License Plate number and myCARFAX QuickVIN* will return the Year, Make, Model, Motor and Vin Number if a match is found. *NOTE: The myCARFAX QuickVIN requires the Just Ask The Boss Partner Support plan. The first year of the Partner Support plan is included with the 18.5 update.
1. This will greatly speed up the invoicing process.
2. Get accurate vehicle information quickly and easily.
3. Reduce costly errors when ordering parts.
4. Save on costly VIN Scanners.
5. Increase service revenue.
You can now retrieve the myCARFAX Service History Check*. Gives shops access to more than 15 billion CARFAX service records. *NOTE: The myCARFAX Service History Check requires the Just Ask The Boss Partner Support plan. The first year of the Partner Support plan is included with the 18.5 update.
1. Quickly access customers service history - both at your shop and others.
2. Identify unperformed maintenance.
3. Make better service recommendations.
4. Increase ticket averages.
5. Build customer confidence and increase shop loyalty.
You can now Email Invoices or Estimates directly from the program. This will allow you to quickly send an estimate or invoice to a customer.
Windows 10 Support is now included. Just Ask The Boss is currently compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003. Microsoft has announced they will soon be ending support for Windows XP and they will no longer be providing security updates for that operating system. Therefore, when that change occurs, we will no longer provide support for that Windows XP.
You can now choose a Queries/Filter to view only estimates, work orders or completed work orders. You can also create custom Queries/Filters to filter your estimate / work orders for easier viewing (ie. by date, name, etc)
You can now Copy an Estimate/Work Order. This will allow you to make default estimates for regular repairs to use as often as needed. All that will need to be added is the new customer information. This will help save time when creating new Estimate/Work Orders.
You can now easily create an Invoice or Estimate pdf file that can be emailed to your customers using the email program of your choice.
Added an Inventory Purge button to the inventory query window. It is now possible to mass delete unwanted inventory. This will allow you to quickly select and delete inventory records that are no longer being used and are wasting hard drive space.
Added a new security checkpoint for the Inventory Purge button. This will allow you to stop employees from accidently deleting inventory.
Added new fields to the inventory export and import formats. It is now possible to export inventory out of the program for mass modification then import it back in to update inventory records. You can also use this file to update inventory at another location using the Just Ask The Boss software. In addition, the import routine will now allow you to selectively import just a few of the fields or all of the them.
Made the totals at the bottom of all Estimates and Invoices a little wider. This will help with some of the newer multi-function printers not being able to print to the margins of the paper correctly.
Added the Inventory F.E.T. field to the Inventory report wizard.
You can now setup Inventory Matrix Pricing by category. This is very helpful for Tire Dealers or anyone needing to sell items based off of a cost price range.
In the example below:
Any item that costs between 0 - 100.00 dollars will have the selling price calculated by adding 30 percent to the cost.
Any item that costs between 100.01 and 150.00 dollars will have the selling price calculated by adding 28 percent to the cost.
Any item that costs between 150.01 and 200.00 dollars will have the selling price calculated by adding 26 percent to the cost.
Any item that costs between 200.01 and 10000.00 dollars will have the selling price calculated by adding 25 percent to the cost.
You have the option of the selling price being marked up when adding, updating and receiving inventory. It will also be adjusted from the Point of Sale section when editing the cost of an item or when using the Outside Puchase button to add an item to the screen.
Added Date Pick buttons to the Report and Employee date range windows.
Added the following fields for use in the Report Designer:
1. Check Number field to the Daily Closout part 2.
2. Added the Customer Email Address field to the Invoice, Work Orders and Estimates.
You can now make corrections to Invoice line items after the invoice has been printed. The following fields can be edited: Category, Vendor, Cost, Employee Code and Sales Account. However, once the Daily Close Out is processed, invoice line items cannot be corrected.
We added the price markup feature to the Outside Purchase window. The selling price will automatically be marked up from cost based on the percentage you setup for the inventory category you selected. (This will help make sure you get the correct selling price.)
You can now globally change your Inventory List Price based off a percentage or dollar amount from cost. (A quick way to update prices.)
Just Ask The Boss is currently compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003. Microsoft has announced they will soon be ending support for Windows XP and they will no longer be providing security updates for that operating system. Therefore, when that change occurs, we will no longer provide support for that Windows XP.
Just Ask The Boss is currently compatible with Windows 8, Window 7, Vista, XP Windows Server 2012 2008 and 2003. Microsoft has announced they will soon be ending support for Windows XP and they will no longer be providing security updates for that operating system. Therefore, when that change occurs, we will no longer provide support for that Windows XP.
You can now print an Estimate or a Work Order. The work order is the same as an estimate except the prices do not print.
Report preview will now be displayed on top of and be the same size as the Just Ask The Boss start up menu instead of expanding to the size of the full screen. This will benefit those who use 2 or more monitors and also those who run other programs at the same time as Just Ask The Boss.
Example. Your computer is set at a higher resolution or you have more than one monitor therefore you have extra desktop space. You can have Just Ask The Boss on one side and other programs, such as a web browser open for ordering purposes, on the other. You can see all programs without having to switch back and forth.
Upgraded all program code and databases to latest technologies. This has taken over 2 years and there is a lot of new things under the hood. We do this every few years to make sure your investment in Just Ask The Boss will continue to stay up with industry standards and not become outdated.
Some of the more noticeable benefits of this update are:
1. Under most conditions you will notice a speed increase throughout the program.
2. We now more fully support ClearType fonts so most screens will be easier to read.
Added the auto database to the customer query so you can now query on the next service date for the auto instead of the invoice history. This will stop you from selecting multiple records for the same customer if he has been in your shop more than once.
Example. The customer may have had his car serviced multiple times within a given time period and this would cause duplicate records to be pulled when querying the invoice database. Now using the new method, you will only get one. This is most noticeable when printing post cards or labels. You will now only print one per customer whereas before duplicate and unnecessary copies would be printed.
Another added benefit when using the new fields in a customer query is the most recent address for a customer will be used. With the old method, if the customer had changed his address since his auto was last serviced you would be sending the post card or letter to his old address instead of his new address. With the new method, you can now select the customer’s auto from the customer’s actual record and therefore you will be using his new address.
The auto notes was also added to the query. So it is now possible to query on service reminders that you added to the auto notes field.
The Following query fields have been added to the customer query:
Misc Parts 1—5
Last Service Date 1—4
Next Service Date 1—4
Microsoft Excel 2013 is now supported for exporting Customer and Inventory information.
Backup program will now auto-create a new directory for each backup. You will now be saving multiple copies of your backups instead of a single copy.